Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brighturday

Berm landscaping

brighturday
13 years ago

Help.... We have a berm in our back yard that is the entire width of our year. It is relatively steep with the main intention to give us a little more privacy. Right now we have evergreens, a maple tree, crab apple tree and two elms that are staggered nicely. From what I understand many of these trees were not planted deep enough or were planted two deep. Which we have a relatively busy street behind us so to have some privacy is important. So aside from the fact we could loose some of these trees I am looking to rough it up a little so we do not have to mow it. being that it is rather steep it is hard to mow plus it is hard to keep it water w/o the water rolling back down the berm. I would love any suggestions on what we could put on the berm in addition to the trees we currenty have. All the homes in our neighborhood that back up to this street have the same berm and trees so I want to make sure it is tasteful. I thought maybe putting in a few more trees, maybe some sumac. I also thought of dogwoods. Help... Thanks for any suggestions!

Comments (10)