Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
basketcat

Drainage/wash outs

basketcat
14 years ago

Even after trying to redirect the rain run off our asphalt driveway is lower to one side at the back, and one garden bed is washed out continuously. It is so bad that there are deep ruts where the water runs.

Our house is at a curve in the road and is lower, causing a great deal of water to run down.

I am looking for an inexpensive way to redirect the water to the other side of the driveway where it can't do any damage.

One idea that was suggested was to have an asphalt rim/lip built up, but I'm worried that the water will just continue to rush over it.

I was thinking about some sort of landscape tie, but not sure how to secure them. Should I lay them on the driveway end to end, allowing some water to pass through, or on the lawn?

The ideal solution would be to create a swell to redirect the water in the opposite bed, but there is still the issue of the water that runs down the drive. Another pricey option is to install a drain system. I just don't have that kind of money but desperately want to fix the garden.

Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!!

Comments (4)