Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
solar deck railing lights

Posted by saturn1956 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 7, 11 at 5:49

Looking for a link to buy solar deck railing lights,no luck at big box stores. Don't have to be top rated ones just decorative and bright

Saturn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: solar deck railing lights

I looked stuff like that up quite awhile back...if you just google "deck lighting" or "solar deck lights" a TON of sites come up! There were even websites specifically for deck lighting, or solar lights. I was amazed at the things they've come up with!

Angie

o

I think you'll have no trouble finding ones that are decorative, but bright? Doubtful. The sad reality is that the technology just isn't there for solar lights that do much more than create a blue dot that's half a degree less dark than the surrounding inky darkness.

Hard-wired low voltage is still the way to go, and they've finally rolled out LED lamps that give decent light (both output and color). It's a little more work, but worth it. I told my little brother over and over, don't get the stupid solar lights. As is his wont he did, and he curses them every night.

o

I agree. I gave up on solar lights myself. I was just reading a landscape decorating book I picked up at the library where they talked about how to hook up outdoor lighting, and it looks quite simple if you have an outlet nearby....and for railing lights, the wire could be run right underneath the railing, probably not even being visible! We'll be getting a railing on our deck this spring and I'd like to put some lights in...but I won't be going solar.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here