Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fence or edging for a vegetable garden

Posted by angiein IN (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 17, 12 at 10:04

I want to make my vegetable garden more attractive and want to make some type of edging or fence. I have different size edging blocks and was wondering if making an edge with different size blocks will look nice. Any ideas? Love to see some pictures of your garden fence or edging. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fence or edging for a vegetable garden

• Posted by natal Louisiana 8b (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 17, 12 at 11:00

Since my kitchen garden is highly visible from the house and screened porch I wanted something attractive. So, when we redesigned the garden a few years ago we installed a metal fence from Lowe's. It started to rust from the inside out within the first 3 months. It's now 3 years later and time to bite the bullet. We're installing an aluminum fence in a couple weeks.

February 2009:

May 2009:

February 2012:

o

Wow, absolutely gorgeous natal!

o

Fantastic!

o

natal, there's a lot of quaint charm in what you've done. Lovely. Love it!

o

That's beautiful!!!!! I'm planning to do the work myself, so I was looking for something simpler. Not sure I can handle all that by myself, but your fence is gorgeous.

o

• Posted by natal Louisiana 8b (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 17, 12 at 19:55

Thanks for all the compliments! It was amazing how something so simple made such a big difference.

Angie, the fence was actually fairly easy to install. Dh & I did it together in a couple hours. I hated that it rusted out so quickly. Don't know if our climate had something to do with it or not.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Zone fencing

o

It's very lovely natal, and it seems it would be easy to maintain overall (and work with the veggies). I'd love to see pics of the new fencing when you're finished.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here