Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ls8989

Design opinion on reusing these brick pavers

ls8989
12 years ago

We are pouring a large concrete below deck patio with a medium warm brown stain. There is an existing straight lined brick paver walkway that leads down to this patio (see photo 1) which also wraps all around the house through a narrow side yard garden to the front yard. As I removed 500 sf of matching pavers from this below deck patio (they were sinking), I would love to re use them in some way. Our immediate decision is what to put in the area just outside the under deck concrete patio because this area will tie into the brick walkway leading up and to the new circular firepit patio down below. It will be graded to be level with the patio with steps leading down a short slope to the firepit patio (see photo 2) The firepit patio will have a retaining wall made out of Belgard or Pavestone type of blocks. I wish I could do stone out there, but its just not in the budget. Do you think making this "landing" out of all pavers will look good? Should I incorporate these pavers somehow into the stairs leading down to the firepit patio below or into the firepit patio itself? I do not intend to pave the firepit patio - I would love to do flagstone set in pea gravel but again, I'm worried about too many competing materials. I would love your opinions! Photo 3 looks odd but I was shooting it from the deck above trying to see the shape of the "landing" area.

{{gwi:13956}}

{{gwi:13958}}

{{gwi:13960}}

Comments (4)