Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Groundcover on South side of house

Posted by jencox 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 19, 10 at 10:54

My house on that side slopes down due to the walkout basement and I have some knockout roses and butterfly bush and other things of about that size. I want to do something w/height but will have to do a little at a time...anyway, last year the weeds took over. what type of groundcover can I plant here in the next month or so that would keep the weeds at bay?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Groundcover on South side of house

In my many years in this growing business I have never met a groundcover that choked out weeds. A groundcover presents a secure spot for wind blown weed seeds to spend the winter, sprouting in the spring and then you have a more difficult problem. Better to mulch well, watch for weeds popping up and pull them. Or, grow low annuals for summer color adding them to your compost pile in the fall.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here