Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Portable fencing for uncertain garden layout?

Posted by carol6ma_7ari zones 6 %26 7a (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 1, 13 at 11:12

Is there such a thing as portable wood fence sections, about 2-3 ft. high, that I can put together in various configurations on a broad open area, to form a garden area? I'm not sure yet exactly what shape the enclosure should take permanently, and meanwhile I'd like to feel the sense of fenced-area while I enjoy the space. Right now it is slightly sloping downhill toward wetlands, with a small ocean view beyond. I want to grow more vegs within this space, and perhaps get some flowering shrubs around the edges for more privacy. But with the understanding that I could change the outlines next year. The space right now is about 50' x 80' of old pasture grass, but I want to enclose only about 25' x 40' of it. Maybe chairs and a table in the center, and using mulch or bark nuggets underfoot, not patio stones, for easier changes. Winds can be gusty this close to the coast, so it has to be reasonably sturdy. I tried a google search for "portable wood fences" but nothing suitable came up.

Any suggestions?

Carol (coastal RI)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Portable fencing for uncertain garden layout?

Search for 2 foot wood fence panels.

If you want less expensive panels you can make your own with lattice and cedar pre-routed trim around the edges. (Cut a 4' x 8' cedar panel in half making two 2' x 8' sections.) I have done this to keep the neighbor children from trampling everything in the yard and directing them to pathways.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here