Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Landscape Design in Cold Calgary/Alberta

Posted by hodeld (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 15, 11 at 14:16

Hi Everyone! - I was just wondering if anyone can recommend any landscape design companies in Calgary, Alberta? Given the climate up here, I assume I cannot just use one of those online services??

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Landscape Design in Cold Calgary/Alberta

My personal opinion is that an online design service is not appropriate regardless of climate.......how one can successfully design a landscape without being present on the site to evaluate and consider all necessary site conditions and meet with the clients and thoroughly discuss all their needs and desires is inconceivable to me.

As to recommendations, I have no specifics but here's a few ways to go about finding a designer:
1) try posting this in your regional GW forum if one is available - folks closer to your immediate area will generally have more suggestions than a request through such a widespread venue as this forum.
2) take a drive through some neighborhoods with gardens you admire. If you see something that really strikes your eye, knock and ask who did their landscaping. Folks are usually very generous with this information if you are complimentary on their choices.
3) check with local nurseries or garden centers - many of these offer design services themselves or can refer you to designers they are familiar with.
4) let your fingers do the walking :-) Googling "landscape designers Calgary AB" turned up several possibilities -- how suitable they would be for your needs is unknown, however it never hurts to call and inquire about their services.

Just make sure the designer/landscaper you choose is properly licensed to do business, has a portfolio of completed work you can review or references you can check and is someone who you feel you can communicate well with and develop a good working relationship.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here