Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ivymlp

Landscaping ideas needed for tiny problem yard

ivymlp
14 years ago

I have a tiny front yard that is dominated by a large silver maple on the left hand side of the house. I've been trying to figure out for a year now what to do to landscape this tiny yard. I want to take out the wood deck/ porch? on the side of the house it's all warped and built poorly anyways.

{{gwi:16411}}

The whole lot is only 40' wide by 120' long.

Please forgive the condition - I haven't cleaned up after my very messy maple yet. I'm going to do that this weekend when it warms up a bit.

{{gwi:16414}}

The railroad tie retaining wall that is falling apart next to the tree is my neighbors.

{{gwi:16417}}

The cobblestone retaining wall that I have and - which I like - is falling apart and the steps leading to the house need to be torn out out and replaced. The stone wall does need some repair - does anyone have any ideas on how to go about it? Rocks are plentiful and free around my house. I'm close to Lake Huron.

{{gwi:16420}}

There is a bed next to the cobblestone wall that has irises in it.

The back yard is even more problematic as it's on a slope.

{{gwi:16422}}

I want to put some vegetable in somewhere in either the front of back yard. I didn't have too much luck last summer with container grown cherry tomatoes on the east side of the house - they never ripened - just turned orangish and then fell off the vine.

Comment (1)