Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenlady48_gw

Mac Users- Landscape Design Software...

gardenlady48
13 years ago

Please, if you can share your choice of landscape design software that is NOT based on professional use, I would appreciate it.

I'm looking for something similar to what I had for windows. It was simple, just import your photo and access the plant library. It was great for the 'novice' designer.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (6)

• inkognito
    13 years ago

You ask this question here periodically with not much response, why don't you ask it at the Macintosh support discussions, you might have better luck.

• gardenlady48
    Original Author
    13 years ago

well, I'm working on that, thank you very much.....

just hoping someone 'knowledgeable ' might drop by, read the post and share....doesn't hurt to try now and then. :-)

HAPPY GARDENING

• inkognito
    13 years ago

I did a google search on your behalf and the Punch software was recommended perhaps you can take it from there.

• KraB
    13 years ago

If you are a student vectorworks offers a 1 year free version. It rather complicated though

• mfoxjackson
    13 years ago

Why not load the Windows based software you used before and run it on your Mac using bootcamp? Just a thought.

marg

• Bioteach44
    11 years ago

Has anyone heard of or used Idea Spectrum's --Realtime Landscaping Plus 2013?

It has a feature where you can upload photos and basically design your 2D structure around them. No CAD, no areial view--this is for the basic homeowner who needs to visual with plantings, colors, shapes, etc. Sells for $80-100 depending on if you get the extra water feature package.

Thoughts appreciated! It looks cool from the tutorial, but if there's a cheaper, better or equivalent out there I'd appreciate!

Here is a link that might be useful: Realtime Landscape Plus 2013