Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mac Users- Landscape Design Software...

Posted by gardenlady48 z5 IL (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 13, 11 at 17:38

Please, if you can share your choice of landscape design software that is NOT based on professional use, I would appreciate it.
I'm looking for something similar to what I had for windows. It was simple, just import your photo and access the plant library. It was great for the 'novice' designer.

Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mac Users- Landscape Design Software...

You ask this question here periodically with not much response, why don't you ask it at the Macintosh support discussions, you might have better luck.

o

well, I'm working on that, thank you very much.....

just hoping someone 'knowledgeable ' might drop by, read the post and share....doesn't hurt to try now and then. :-)

HAPPY GARDENING

o

I did a google search on your behalf and the Punch software was recommended perhaps you can take it from there.

o

• Posted by KraB none (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 21, 11 at 8:48

If you are a student vectorworks offers a 1 year free version. It rather complicated though

o

Why not load the Windows based software you used before and run it on your Mac using bootcamp? Just a thought.

marg

o

Has anyone heard of or used Idea Spectrum's --Realtime Landscaping Plus 2013?

It has a feature where you can upload photos and basically design your 2D structure around them. No CAD, no areial view--this is for the basic homeowner who needs to visual with plantings, colors, shapes, etc. Sells for $80-100 depending on if you get the extra water feature package.

Thoughts appreciated! It looks cool from the tutorial, but if there's a cheaper, better or equivalent out there I'd appreciate!

Here is a link that might be useful: Realtime Landscape Plus 2013

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here