Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to get zoysia sod in Houston?

Posted by ivysmom 8b/9a - Houston (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 23, 11 at 18:17

I've got a small front yard whose SA was largely killed off as we tore out a concrete walkway and replaced it with pavers. The dirt was piled up for awhile and smothered a good portion of the grass there. The front yard is probably 300 sqft. I'd like to replace what little SA is left in the front yard with Zoysia, as well as eventually the long side yard (100' x 25') where it's a mixture of SA and clover and weeds, but we are going to eventually put a driveway in where it's just grass, and the backyard, which is 50' x 25' or so, but which will largely be converted to patio/storage shed/play area/garden.

Three questions:

Should I just wait until the driveway and backyard landscaping are done before fussing with changing the sod out to zoysia? Is there a time of year after which it is not a good idea to lay down new sod?

Does anyone have recommendations on where to purchase the smaller amount needed for the front yard? Looking at Palisades Zoysia.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to get zoysia sod in Houston?

You might want to try the Texas Gardening forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Texas Gardening

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here