Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grullablue

need to replace emerald green arborvitaes

grullablue
13 years ago

So, I was not very smart when I planted them...I knew they could get big, but I figured it would take A)a very long time, and B) I thought perhaps I could prune them to keep them the size I wanted. Well...I don't really have the know-how to prune them properly...

So this is the year I believe I should remove them before they get too big. I am scanning my yard to find a suitable place to put them.

I have two, one on each side of my garage door. I love the look, but obviously they are not the right shrub for me. I like the pyramid-ish look....and I like the fact that they are evergreen. Does anyone have any recommendations on what I could replace them with? The planting area faces north, and with the slight overhang from the roof, there isn't a lot of direct sunlight, except in the later afternoon. But these arbor vitaes have done quite well. Not a good pic at all, I'm going to try to find a better one. But this is one, this is the wall of my house that faces west. Yes, I know this too needs some TLC...it needs something, but I am not sure what yet.

{{gwi:18194}}

Here's the one on the other side. I can't seem to find a shot with both of them.

{{gwi:18195}}

here we go...think this is the best I'm gonna find! This is an old pic, and they're much bigger now.

{{gwi:18196}}

Comments (2)