Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fire and Ice, or a little color for you all

Posted by bahia SF Bay Area (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 15, 11 at 23:39

Another link to a photo of landscape possibilities here on the left coast, with some sizzle...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20217462@N02/5511356253/in/set-72157626121907584/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fire and Ice, or a little color for you all

• Posted by laag z6CapeCod (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 16, 11 at 18:08

Looking good ... and warm.

o

• Posted by mjsee Zone 7b NC (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 30, 11 at 18:21

Lovely!

o

thats a bold and beautiful planter! I am so jealous as we are expecting 18 inches of snow tomorrow here.

I think you are convincing me I need to move, as if I didn't already know that.

Is that campanula?

o

• Posted by catkim San Diego 10/24 (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 31, 11 at 11:32

To make the photos easier to view, here is an active link. Be sure to click through all the stunning photos.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fire and Ice

o

• Posted by bahia SF Bay Area (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 2, 11 at 4:30

Thanks Kim for the better link to the photo, still haven't been able to figure out how to do that! No Campanula in that photo, the low grower in the foreground is Lobularia maritima, or Sweet Alysum, the pastel color cultivar.

o

Are you up in the Berkeley hills? I used to live near the campus and go walking up in those hills...near the "steps" and the rose garden. Lovely!

o

Mon, Apr 4, 11 at 14:33

The photo of this garden is located in the Thousand Oaks north Berkeley neighborhood, near the boundary with Kensington, so not really anywhere near the Berkeley campus. Also, it isn't my garden, I could never afford to live in this neighborhood, I'm down in the flats...

o
A Berkeley Hills garden, more shots

Mon, Apr 4, 11 at 14:39

Here's a link to more photos of this same garden, warning, there are lots of photos... I am hopeful that the real estate market will improve locally, and I'll have more opportunities to do complex gardens with lots of structure and plantings in the future. These days, it is mostly just smaller planting jobs rather than complete garden makeovers, as this garden was...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20217462@N02/sets/72157626121907584/

o

• Posted by tibs 5/6 OH (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 4, 11 at 17:03

What a great thing to see on a very over cast, rainy stormy day. Though it is finally warm.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here