Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Singing the blues in the Bay Area

Posted by bahia SF Bay Area (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 13, 11 at 2:28

I am being a bit silly with this title, but the month of April is certainly a great time to enjoy all the gorgeous plants that have blue flowers. I have never really taken the time to photograph gardens around town, and spent the afternoon shooting photos while running errands. Not just blues, and spring is shaping up to be pretty incredible this year. I should have included some shots of all the various Ceanothus shrubs in bloom now, it is worth a trip up to Tilden Botanical Garden just for the natives.

What are some of the favorite blue flowering plants in your neck of the woods?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20217462@N02/sets/72157626486580538/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Singing the blues in the Bay Area

Gotta say I love Scilla Sibirica, especially when it grows in masses. Last week in Stockholm, it was peak scilla time - they're not blooming here yet!
My cat's favorite blue (for getting a kick) is Nepeta faassenii.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here