Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Foundation Planting

Posted by charb1 zone 4 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 29, 12 at 8:06

We just built a garage and I'm trying to plan a border along one side. It faces East with lots of sun and will get a little afternoon sun too. The garage/bed is about 20 feet long . I will probably have the border/bed be about 6-8 feet deep. I really want to plant Limelight hydrangeas but wonder if I should incorporate any evergreen with it so it isn't bare in winter. I'm interested in a mass type planting because this border will be viewed from a sidewalk that is 50-60 feet away. What about an "anchoring tree " in the corner? It would have to be a dwarf variety. The garage is white.......Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Foundation Planting

Should add some evergreen plants such as hostas,junipers...for winter interest and garden frame.but it is important to tie the areas together so it is a cohesive look.
You really need to post some pics that show the context and situated and conditions and the property line and the perimeter
of the yard and You need one that shows the overall yard from the street(They are not too close up).
first upload photo to any photo-hosting site.Photobucket and Flickr are examples . While at that photo on the site,
look for a link to "share." Then look for a way of obtaining "html code" (don't select the thumbnail version.)
Copy that code and paste it directly into your message here.
We should know soil PH.soil and climate or your place too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here