Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for natural metal finish steel or aluminum edging

Posted by dragonesse MA (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 6, 10 at 9:48

Hi,

For our landscaping project we would like to use stainless steel or aluminum edging in a natural metal finish (ie. silver coloured). Can anyone recommend a source in the Boston area?

Our architect says this is not commonly used in the US.

Many thanks for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for natural metal finish steel or aluminum edging

Sounds like you're looking for the Curv-rite edging I used... I'm sure there'd be landscape supply companies in your area that sell it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Curv-rite

o

It occurred to me to wonder... was this post designed to allow the OP to 'find' a particular product - i.e. a very subtle form of spam? I can't believe an architect would say it's not a commonly used product.

o

This isn't the point, but I appreciated your information.
idabean

o

Hi,

Thanks for your answers.

Our contractors had already ordered the standard black aluminium edging, but they came up with a simple and brilliant solution to give us what we want without the added expense of a special order. They will grind the top of the edging off once it's installed to expose the silver metal underneath. Since it's pretty much flush with the ground there won't be a need to grind the sides, just the top. And they said they won't charge us extra!

o

Just spoke with Curv-rit and they think grinding the top off won't give us a clean result since the sides will still be black. Also it won't be as smooth.

In any case, I'm so glad I asked here because we do have that source if all else fails. (My architect said it would have to be a special order and probably pricier. Turns out they have it in stock and it's cheaper than the versions in colour.)

o

• Posted by laag z6CapeCod (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 9, 10 at 7:17

You should be able to buy unpainted aluminum right of the rack. I know they used to carry it at Gold Star in Lexington, but they sold out to Shemins. Shemins might carry it.

Permaloc is one that advertises quite a bit in trades magazines.

o

laag is correct, what you are looking for is normally a brick or paver edging, I have attached a link but there are many more at "aluminum paver edging".

Here is a link that might be useful: paver edging

o

Thanks for your replies. Just wanted to follow up to let you know the edging we were already using was Curv-Rite in black, but will now be replacing it with the natural finish one. Grinding off the top was useless.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here