Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skinlab

Recent Construction - Lots of help needed

skinlab
14 years ago

Hello all,

We recently had some construction done around our property which has completely destroyed the lawn and soil that was in place previously. We are also working with slopes and grades, and as you can see in the pictures erosion is going to be the big issue here.

We are getting estimates from professional landscapers, but I would really like to do some of the work myself. The problem is I have absolutely no idea where to even begin!

The pictures go from left to right showing a good chunk of the yard.

You can see how the water runs off from right to left here and how something definitely needs to be put in place to hold back the soil here. But what and how?

Same thing as the first picture.

Again continuing around the house.

I'd like to try and get a proper lawn back here, but I'm assuming that would require top soil based on what's there now?

The area gets early morning sun, but once the trees come in a good part of it will be blocked and it will be fairly shady.

The slope and rock walls. I feel like there is so much that could be done here to really make it look like less of an eyesore (maybe even nice??) but again, no idea really where to even begin.

So any input on how to tackle this would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (2)