Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Landscaping around paver patio?

Posted by applesandshanana Richmond, VA (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 11, 11 at 11:04

My husband and I have been working at bringing together the much neglected backyard of the house we purchased last summer. (I mean seriously neglected. This is what it looked like when we moved in.)

We just had a paver patio installed this past weekend and can't decide how to landscape around it.

We can't tell if we should carry the landscaping from along the fence across the edge of the patio (leaving a gap for us to walk through) or just bring the grass up to border the pavers. We were thinking that bringing the landscaping up and creating somewhat of a hedgerow would make the space feel more cozy, but we can't choose! Need a bit of expert help :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Renovation Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Landscaping around paver patio?

should landscape it
Photobucket

o
RE:3 Landscaping around paver patio?

should landscape it
Photobucket

o
RE: 2Landscaping around paver patio?

Photobucket

o
RE: Landscaping around paver patio?

Congrats on the new house, applesandshanana -- and on conquering the wild backyard.

I suggest that you use the patio for a while before deciding about adding a hedge adjacent to it. Invite some friends over and see if you have enough room around the firepit and chairs. Do you have to step onto the grass to get around occupied chairs?

Be sure to try it with a fire in the firepit: do you need to back the chairs farther away from the heat or smoke of the fire?

If the firepit is the type that converts to a table, try it that way also -- I mean you should have at least four people eat a meal on the table and figure out the logistics.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here