Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Landscaping...New looking house, pathetic curb appeal.

Posted by 4Clover Michigan (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 6, 11 at 13:04

Hi, as with another post I made I will say that I am 19yrs old and pretty much know jack about landscaping other than, oh this plant or tree looks cool. I am a guy, and the reason for this landscaping/gardening is because I have a mission that in my old age I will have tackled several forms of art and will be able to travel around teaching a more then likely Lack-of-creativity generation how to make things look amazing. I am currently cleaning my parent's garage and will turn a nice portion of it into a professional looking gardening area, with hopes of inventing devices to make it even easier to maintain the landscape then just having an in-ground sprinkler system. ^.^

Everything you can think of is fair game for spending money on. So have at it or just give me some "leading tips." Thanks

Personally I'd like to have a cherry blossom tree and black pansies somewhere cause both of those look cool.

Thanks for your help. Much Appreciated.

p.s. Of course nothing has bloomed yet so it looks worse, but the general shape of everything should get you a good idea.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Landscaping...New looking house, pathetic curb appeal.

See what you do at 19 with a "Everything you can think of is fair game for spending money on" attitude is try a bunch of stuff, that is experiment. Buy a packet of seeds and have a look at the process but don't look at your watch. Visit gardens read books and test what you read.If indeed creativity is your thing study the medium you want to create with, the wheel has already been done.

o

• Posted by bahia SF Bay Area (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 9, 11 at 11:48

I don't know that I would agree that your generation is likely to be any less talented with creativity than mine or any other, and if you are thinking you can make a career of catering to people without creativity or time to pull it off, you will need to have the chops and experience to sway them to pay you for your time.

As Ink as said, get out there and explore, and learn from good examples. Your own development of creativity and talent will no doubt be stimulated much if you are willing to apprentice or take courses, read, travel, and force yourself to make time to create. I think you'll find your own voice if you put the time into really seeing what is already out there, look beyond the confines of just your own surroundings...

o

Hello there Lightning McQueen, suggest you spend some time in Radiator Springs before you rush onward!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here