Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marinewifenc

Any opinions welcome on this. trying to fix an ugly disaster

Marinewifenc
11 years ago

here is the back of my house, which faces south. all along the house is weeds, all around the deck I can't get grass to grow. around the side still within the fence is my a/c which always has weeds growing around it.

looking for a relaively cheap solution to the problem since we rent here but I am so sick of how ugly it looks and i am sick of the weeds. I can't pesiticide because i have dogs.

recently seeded the yard and had some mole damage to fix, i know it's a mess :(

anyways my plan:

digging around the entire backside of the house and around the a/c unit, putting down weed fabric, and putting cypress mulch on top and then edging it. it would come out around the sides of the deck to cover the bald areas in a kind of rounded shape. about 2-3 feet wide around the house, and expanding around the deck somewhat where the corners are. this would also go around my a/c unit to keep the weeds from taking over.

ive considered "Forsythia 'Golden Times" planted in each corner of the deck (where the deck meets the house) and possibly spaced out maybe 2 more at the back of the house .

What do you think? This has to be dog safe so plant wise i am very limited, they will destroy flowers or shorter plants. and theyw ill eat or at leas chew on some. training them not to isn't an option because i foster for rescues so i will have other dogs temporarily until they can get to their rescue.

any other suggestions, or opinions?

including pictures of the area.

Comments (5)