Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
babbers_gw

Can you give us ideas on designing our backyard?

Babbers
11 years ago

I attached a picture of our yard, which is all dirt! We were originally planning on putting in a large raised planter box along the back built out of wood and a wood retaining wall along the left side where there is a change in grade. We wanted to plant some Emerald Greens along the back in the planter box to give us some more privacy and to block the view of the neighbors yards. I would have a little garden on the retaining wall and then add grass to the rest of the yard with maybe a nice shade tree.

My problem is this, is a large wood planter box a good idea? Would it look strange if we just had the one retaining wall on the left of the yard and then planted our emerald greens straight into the ground along the back?

Is there a way for us to raise the ground along the backside of the fence without a planter box? Or is there a way for us to use stone instead of wood for better appeal? (The reason we chose wood was because it was cost effective and it gave us a way to contain the extra dirt without putting it up against the fence.)

Sorry for all the questions, we just want to get this done right the first time. Any suggestions and help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments (3)