Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Suggestions for flowering bush

Posted by mercime 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 18:57

On the west side of our house we have limestone steps leading down to our patio. On one side of the steps against the lattice of the deck, we have a flower bed with 4 variegated maiden grass plants and 4 Burning Embers Hydrangaes. The hydrangaes have not been doing as well as the Endless Summer Hydrangaes on the east side of the house and believe it is due to the hot west sun (although our landscaper's design had them there) and voles which I am still fighting but now I know what I need to do to get rid of them (I hope). So thinking of moving the hydrangaes and would like a bush that would grow at leat 5' to hide the lattice work and would like some color to balance the grass. On the other side of the patio we have pink knockout roses and japanese blood grass. and in another bed, yellow coreopsis. Also have a weeping purple beech. Suggestions for surviving Nebraska winters?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Suggestions for flowering bush

I think the folks in the Shrubs forum would be able to offer plant suggestions for you :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Shrubs on GardenWeb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here