Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maro_gw

Best way to post multiple pictures - Tony?

maro
17 years ago

What works best for you who have dial-up? It's nice to see the pictures right in the message, but does it work best to have a list of url's?

Thanks,

Maro

Comments (16)

• Brent_In_NoVA
    17 years ago

Yep...I am employed as a computer geek. Yep...I have dialup. I did try to get DSL and I cannot justify sending $50 per month the cable monopoly. A few pictures that are no bigger than 600x600 are fine. There is no need to post 10 pictures of the exact same thing but a slightly different angle. I really like the sites that make it easy to post clickable thumbnails. I use Flick and they do that.

For example, here is their "small" format. This picture is 240x240 and less than 14K in size.

{{gwi:25874}}

- Brent

• maro
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Brent, I'm trying this right now.

Maro

• maro
    Original Author
    17 years ago

{{gwi:18863}} Hey! It works!

Thanks, Brent!

• prairie_love
    17 years ago

Like this?

{{gwi:25875}}

Very cool! Thank you Brent!

And by the way, this is why I am not outside gardening yet...

• inkognito
    17 years ago

me try too {{gwi:25876}}

• pls8xx
    17 years ago

testing some code for the photobucket site ...

{{gwi:25877}}

{{gwi:25873}}

• inkognito
    17 years ago

OK maro now we have that sorted, do you have multiple pictures to post?

• maro
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well, yes I do as a matter of fact, thank you for asking. After we visit the in-laws, though. See you later!

• karinl
    17 years ago

Wait, I have to try this too, from Photobucket according to Pls's instructions, except the labels in my album don't quite match:

[IMG]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b344/firmlyfoliage/PGPruning.jpg[/IMG]

• karinl
    17 years ago

Well of these three, I usually post the HTML Tag line and the photo comes in at full size.

URL Link
    HTML Tag
    IMG Code

The effort above is the IMG code. URL doesn't make sense to use.

Help! Is your photobucket different from mine, PLS?

Also Brent, did you mean Flickr? Maybe it's time for a new photohosting site.

KarinL

• pls8xx
    17 years ago

In the example above I have two images stored at photobucket. One is full sized and the other was croped, downsized, and saved with heavy compression to create the thumbnail version. In the post box here at gardenweb I typed the code shown in black and then copied the URLs of the two images from photobucket to complete the code shown above.

I saved the code in a text file so later I can copy from it and then just replace the new photo URLs as needed.

• PRO
    Nell Jean
    17 years ago

At Photobucket, I just click the box below the photo or photos I want to use, click on 'generate HTML and IMG code' at the bottom of the page. When the codes come up, copy the first one, labeled 'HTML clickable thumbnails' and paste into my message message. No code necessary to remember, they do it for me.

BTW, I eliminated those 'tag line' thingies showing in my Photobucket albums. It reminds me of a messy family album where a toddler has scribbled under each photo.

Nell

• pls8xx
    17 years ago

Thanks foxesearth, I never had noticed that feature at photobucket. While it doesn't give me complete control over the thumbnail it sure is a fast simple operation, especially for multiple photos.

• Brent_In_NoVA
    17 years ago

Yes...I meat flickr. I am not real familiar with Photobucket but it looks like in order to show an image inline you need to copy the "HTML Tag - Websites & Blogs" text. The one with "[IMG]" is for other forum software. Here you need to enter the HTML directly. (I note that Nell added another tip while I was typing)

For years I just used the web space that my ISP provides. It is a bit of a pain because I had to use FTP software to get the file up there and then write the HTML code to show the image. If you really want to learn HTML, w3schools.com has some fairly easy pages about Images and Links.

One of the things to think about with flickr is that once you post a picture with a link back to the full size image people can browse your entire gallery of photos. I am not sure that is good or bad but something to think about.

- Brent

• Brent_In_NoVA
    17 years ago

"meat flickr"? I am pretty sure I should have put an 'n' in there. One of these days this site will get an edit feature...at least I hope.

- Brent

• karinl
    17 years ago

Yes, edit would be nice. And the issue of an album being public always makes me uncomfortable, especially when I find myself in someone else's.

Thank you Nell, for educating me about how Photobucket works. I'll work on mastering that feature. I'd never moved beyond what I think I need to know, but knowing that Brent is on dial-up provides some additional incentive!

KarinL