Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help our ugly exterior!

Posted by Sillygirlio 4 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 18, 14 at 19:26

Hello everyone, I'm new here. My husband and I have owned this house for seven years and have never done anything to the landscaping. It is ugly and bare and we know we need to do something, but we are clueless! I've seen the advice and mockups on this site and would love and appreciate if you could do that for me. My USDA zone is 5A and our house is west facing and gets full sun all afternoon. It is HOT under that window. Thanks!

This post was edited by Sillygirlio on Fri, Apr 18, 14 at 19:50

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help our ugly exterior!

Change box shape of the house.

o

That looks great. My husband and I have discussed that possibility and may do it in the future... but right now we're dealing with a pretty small budget so I need to embrace the fact that I live in a rectangle. :) An ugly, ugly rectangle!

o

Adding a pergola can soft box shape.

o

The basics. Get recommendations here, locally or regional forum for what plants could give effects you wish. (Color drawn is immaterial. Do whatever colors.)

o

A few well placed trees would do wonders. Yardvaark has nailed it.

o

• Posted by SC77 6b (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 19, 14 at 21:49

I Like Yard's sketch... added dark grey shutters, red door, and planter to the left of door for additional curb appeal. I find the white shutters with white trim and white door takes away from the look of the house. For cheap, you could paint them and make the white trim pop.

This post was edited by SC77 on Sat, Apr 19, 14 at 21:50

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here