Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Suggestions for this side yard walkway - photos included

Posted by hosta_house IL 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 16, 10 at 23:27

I have a sidewalk that is 27 ft long and I'm thinking about planting it up cottage style but not sure and open to suggestions. I have a pair of cast iron urns that I moved near the road, half of the walk nearest the road gets full sun all day and the other half gets full sun until about 1pm, then gets part sun.(The tree that is casting a shadow has been removed due to ice damage) I was thinking about two 2ft backless benches opposite each other near the center, I have an arbor at the end of the walk with a Zeffy Climbing Rose and Ramona Clematis, that look like they are going to put on a grand show this year (both just planted last spring)or maybe less is more?
TIA

Red Star Cordyline & Creeping Jenny
Sidewalk 28ft

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Suggestions for this side yard walkway - photos included

try posting on the cottage forum! they always have great ideas!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here