Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sable_ca

Catmint planted in the ground?

sable_ca
12 years ago

We are having our front yard professionally landscaped, as I can no longer plant and care for a garden/yard by myself, due to the usual arthritis, etc., problems.

So far they have done a terrific job, putting in just what we wanted - drought-tolerant native California and Mediterranean plants. We have lots of lavender, some sage, rosemary, yarrow, succulents, some low-growing grasses, a couple of mallows, and other things whose names I can't remember. Anyway, the "plant-lady" member of the team bought and had the actual gardener put in some catmint in a few places next to the walkway. It's lovely - fast-growing (uh-oh) and with those pretty purple flowers.

Then I remembered: the two years I spent in Chicago trying to get rid of mint in my garden there. Endless yanking up of runners and new sprouts just when I'd think it was all gone. So - should I ask the gardener to remove the catmint? Will it spread the same way? For the first time in our lives we'll have a gardener coming around to tend the place every so often, but I don't want him having to yank up some invasive horror.

What should I do?

TIA,

Sable

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022