Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My project...

Posted by reyesuela z7a (My Page) on
Mon, May 14, 12 at 0:03

Well, we have the large and small plantings in, starting with the foundation shrubs. We have the hardscape in, too--a whimsical path wandering through the garden that visits a square patio, ducks under an arbor, and crosses a stream that goes to the pond before ending up at the potager garden.

Now all we need to do is build the house and porch!

Pictures soon, while you think about that....

;-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My project...

I am so glad you have your priorities in the right order!!

My favorite project was built that way; garden first and house second. It was impressive how many people working on the house enjoyed the garden on their lunch breaks!

o

Well, my mother's in the guest room with the cords I use to download pics, but here's a photo of the garden in construction a few weeks ago.

Photobucket

o

Looks like you have some 1st class help there!! She'll remember working with you long after the house is built!! Enjoy many happy times in your back yard. Hey, put up a tent & camp out!! Looks like some great trees to shade things too.

o

Sorry, it was a joke!!! This is her fairy garden, which was the project I was talking about--it's missing its house! I couldn't post the photo showing the "hardscaping."

She's had a blast planting everything, and she waters it every day. She scattered some annual seeds in there, including some alpine strawberries in the "potager." I've heard they can be tricky to get to germinate--nothing's up yet, but hopefully a few will germinate.

The REAL house is about 40' behind me--this photo is taken from the front yard looking out toward the street. You can't see a hunk of it because there's a slope toward the street at the end--the only part that's mostly finished.

This year, I'm attacking the 100' driveway beds, I made a shade garden under a tree (you can only see a bench in the photo, plus some containers that I hadn't yet planted that I was using to hold forsythia babies I was giving away), my son and the next door neighbor's kid built a fountain under my direction....and it looks like nothing's changed.

o

• Posted by catkim San Diego 10/24 (My Page) on
    Tue, May 15, 12 at 13:07

Ah, the small sweet pleasures of childhood's vivid imagination. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here