Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
reyesuela_gw

Joe Eck--anyone read his essays?

reyesuela
11 years ago

While much in design is arguably taste, I think he very brilliantly articulates a number of different design issues and concepts. Several offhand observations really clarifies things for me (like why I was unhappy with a certain area).

Comments (8)

• designoline6
    11 years ago

Where we read his essays?

• karinl
    11 years ago

I have a little book by him, from which I gleaned the "aha" that the first landscaping question is always "what do you want to achieve?" I was a little turned off by the introduction, which is written by his partner. Note to aspiring authors: do not get someone who is madly in love with you to write your introductions.

But other than this I agree with your assessments.

Karin L

• reyesuela
    Original Author
    11 years ago

HA! Yes, my eyes crossed and I skipped most of that part. There was no attribution there, either--not a place was there and acknowledgement of WHO was writing the intro. You just had to figure it out.

It really clarified why I hate my veggie garden. I already knew, really, but it kinda gave me the kick in the pants to FIX it. I was so stuck on my first idea that I just let it sit there, empty and awful, rather than do anything about it.

• violetsnapdragon
    last year

Well, I'm kind of glad, because I never heard of this guy and now I will check him out. "Joe Eck and Wayne Winterrowd are the coauthors of Our Life in Gardens, The Year at North Hill: Four Seasons in a Vermont Garden, and Living Seasonally: The Kitchen and the Table at North Hill. They are cofounders of the garden design firm North Hill."

• Matrexx Hamster
    3 months ago
    last modified: 3 months ago

Explore the realm of advanced wellness solutions at https://besoaesthetics.com/trimix, where Trimix takes center stage. With a commitment to personalized care, our Trimix treatments are curated to address unique health needs. Our skilled professionals utilize state-of-the-art techniques, ensuring effective and tailored outcomes for men's health concerns. Beso Aesthetics in New York stands as a beacon of transformative experiences, combining individualized attention with cutting-edge medical expertise. Uncover the potential of Trimix with Beso Aesthetics, where well-being and confidence converge for a holistic approach to health.

• cecily 7A
    last month

Jose Miller is a spammer - please flag this post.

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio