Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my patio cover design

Posted by garden.lover none (My Page) on
Wed, May 23, 12 at 5:07

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7085/7254577210_46c8d5af01_c.jpg

Pls see above link design. It is a patio cover designed by my friend.

I will anchor the post in planter and plant climbing plants to shape shade.

As some frineds in this formua said it will have some problems. So, i'm not so sure if it's workable.

Hope more friends can give some suggestion or improvement advise.

thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my patio cover design

Hmmmm....if it's workable - I have been trying to figure out how to put one of these over my existing patio without having to dig in.....I'll keep an eye on this thread and see people's thoughts.

o

As long as your posts are securely attached to a concrete footing below grade and you have extensive water proofing surrounding the posts due to soil to wood contact, seems like a reasonably thought out project.

If you are trying that silly crack pot idea again of simply putting the posta in a planter without properly securing to a sub base concrete footing then you have my condolences.

Also , it looks from this computer sketch that you have only one cross beam per post. This does not provide suffcient engineering of torque, and if submitted for a construction permit, it would be turned down for insuffcient safety concerns.

o

What if the pots connected at ground level? For instance if there was poured concrete pots with poured and reinforced concrete benches in between the pots? Or even if the pots and connecting benches (or fencing in between pots) was wood?

o

poured in place concrete pots ...... etc.... sure. if engineered correctly and you had a very healthy budget.

o

extreeter, glad to have the link you provided as a reference. The company is in CA, I'm across the USA, but can enjoy their designs and ideas. Thank you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here