Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
schicksal_gw

Easy, Basic Question (bushes)

schicksal
9 years ago

I'm trying to figure out what to do with this area. It's about 6 feet deep x 15 feet wide. It faces northeast so the only direct sun is in the morning and the house is located in Charleston, SC.

We would like to put something simple in that won't require much attention but will also stay small and not try and grow into the sidewalk like the holly bushes I took out did. Are there any kid of bushes like boxwood maybe, that will stay under 2' tall? I was thinking maybe that would look good closer to the house unless there's too much shade there. We don't have a ton of time to do yard work so I was trying to keep things simple. Maybe some small bushes in the background + a few little things in the foreground?

The area on the other side of the sidewalk heading towards the street has river rock as a bed material and we'll probably do the same with this side since it doesn't attract bugs. The bushes in the background are azaleas. They wouldn't work so well in this area because the windows in the picture will be a lot larger in a year or two. I also plan on getting rid of the monkeygrass and virginia creeper over there. Here's our embarrassing view...

{{gwi:28290}}

Comments (6)