Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aloha2009

Corner of Property

aloha2009
10 years ago

I've been purchasing many plants this spring but have many more to go to fill up the yard. It's soooo much fun though to get to this stage!

I do have a corner, I'm not quite certain about. We are limited to a height of 3'. We have a patio that goes to within 12' of the corner and being a corner gets narrower on both sides. We wanted a shrub/flower bordering the entire patio. The corner though seems like a lot of space for just shrubs.

With the patio being raised in that spot about 12" already, even a 3' bush will seem fairly low (area slopes down somewhat too). I think a tiered look with a focal point looks nice but obviously it's hard to find a focal point with 3', looking down. We do have views beyond that of our lake, which are very nice, so it may only be me that even takes notice of the area.

The best I could come up with is 3 small evergreens in the corner (shrinking up the area) and then planting the shrub border in front like the other areas.

I've combed Houzz looking for ideas, but haven't been able to find anything that would quite work with our restrictions.

Thanks for any ideas you may be able to come up with.