Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pebble and Paver Patio

Posted by Lauren729 Georgia (My Page) on
Mon, May 5, 14 at 10:22

Hi everyone! My husband and I just recently moved into my grandparents old house and we are finishing up a lot of unfinished projects that my grandparents left behind. The first one we have is a patio area surrounded by brick walls off the back of the house. It is covered. Currently there is just dirt there and we are tracking it up in the house. I would like to do a paver design with pebbles in between. Something similar to this by Stout design - http://www.houzz.com/gravel-between-pavers. I am just wondering if anyone has done this and been unhappy with the pebbles becoming scattered or messy. I have also heard of products such as Technisoil and Klingstone path that help hold the pebbles in place. If anyone has a patio like this and has used the bonding agent I would like to know how it holds up and if they have any issues with loose pebbles and such. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pebble and Paver Patio

If you use large pebbles and embed them firmly in the mud, they stay put.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/210754457536244929/ is an example.

Otherwise, set them close enough that you don't actually step on them.

o

Klingstone and Gravel-Lok stick to EVERYTHING until they're perfectly dry, and I have the stains (on concrete, on my car upholstery, and on the custom tailored shirt I won't throw out even though it's ruined and I can never wear it again) to prove it. So it depends, how many slabs are going to be in the patio? Because you'll have to carefully mask each and every one. Unless you're also going over the slabs themselves with the product, in which case I recommend chatting with the manufacturer's rep about how well that might work.

The clients I've had who have done this just kick the stones back into place. It's a cool look but there's maintenance to it.

o

Whenever I see this scheme, there are always loose gravels about. It's about impossible to walk on (normally) without scuffing some stones out of place.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here