Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aburnett24450

We need help with curb appeal!

aburnett24450
9 years ago

We moved about a year ago into a 1950s ranch house. We love our new home, but are ready to work on the curb appeal - and are overwhelmed!
We need landscaping help. There are (I think) viburnum and azaleas in the front beds. I do love azaleas, but would like to replace them with something that would give year-round interest and maybe mix things up a bit. The house faces south. There are two huge maples in the front that dwarf the house and these beds get almost no sun. We do plan to prune the maples to let a little sun in (is this a good idea?)

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, or if I need a seperate post, but we would be open to painting the trim on the house. We were thinking of changing the trim color to something a little softer - cream or taupe. We don't love the brick, but don't hate it either. We toyed with painting the brick, but would like to try to work with it first - it is a dark red brick with a little grey and almost blue in it. The mortar is taupe.

Thanks so much, in advance, for any suggestions. This is all very exciting, but overwhelming!

Comments (12)