Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fix my front yard landscaping *Pretty Please*!!!

Posted by dietitian 6a (My Page) on
Wed, May 22, 13 at 11:24

This is my house.... we bought it a few years ago and the landscape is BORING and a lot of the bushes are overgrown. The front of our house faces west so it gets a lot of sun from midday on. We live in NJ, zone 7a.

I want low maintenance, and I am thinking I would like ground cover as opposed to seeing tons of mulch. I would like to have some flowering and some evergreen.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance :)

Bonnie

Here is a link that might be useful: Front of house

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fix my front yard landscaping *Pretty Please*!!!

Not enough can be seen in the single photo. Stand in the SAME PLACE you took this one (as opposed to ANY other place!) and PIVOT leftward, capturing that side of the house and yard, and another PIVOTING rightward, capturing that side. Meanwhile, here's some thoughts on your yard ...

o

yaardvark thank you for your input! I will take better pics tomorrow & upload. Your suggestions so far are great and much appreciated!

Bonnie

o

Okay, some more pics for you- click on the link below. Sorry about the lighting, sun was behind house and shining bright today ;)

Here is a link that might be useful: More Pics of my house

o

These suggestions are not in lieu of the previous ones, but in addition to them. I'm suggesting here that you create a bed line that provides depth and "framing" at the flanks of the home and recedes at it approaches the central and entrance area. This leads and invites one visually toward the entrance. While I'm showing it in a perspective view to (hopefully) make it easy to grasp, you'd need to work out the actual layout in plan view. You already have a tree at the right flank. In order for there to be depth at the left flank, you need plant material in the bed that makes the bed make sense ... a tree in a bed of groundcover for example.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here