Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mudjacking patio

Posted by dinosaur1 5 (My Page) on
Wed, May 25, 11 at 12:50

The last 2-3 ft of our 12x12 patio is pitched towards our home. Mudjacking is an option, but I want a cheap fix either. Webhave poured concrete for our basement walla and when it rains water goes down in our basement and goes out where the wall meets the floor.

I found this chart online from some local contractors and it shows the ups and downs, but what should I do? I don't want to have the same issue in a few years.

http://www.mudtechworks.com/milwaukeeMudjacking.asp
http://www.crc1.com/CRC_documents/CRC_Comparison_Chart.pdf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mudjacking patio

Since this is your patio not your house I would be asking a foundation expert to determine if the soil that is under the patio is settling away from the house and mudjacking is the best option

OR

there is the cheap fix of dumping as much sand as possible over a period of a couple of days and redo the patio making it level and seal it off

When you have the foundation expert come to your house ask them which would be better. Water getting into the basement is causing foundation damamge. You should set your humidifer on low after getting the problem solved regardless of season to help keep away mold take suggestions from the expert.

o
RE: Mudjacking patio

Basement expert said mudjacking it will fix it 98%. If not then I would have to take basement rec room drywall off and put epoxy injection on to the poured concrete wall where the water comes in.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here