Posted by martinca none (My Page) on
Fri, May 31, 13 at 13:11

Another shot. Did I say tia?!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Better picture

• Posted by bahia SF Bay Area (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 1, 13 at 1:20

You haven't actually stated what you want any new plantings/tree need to accomplish for you; give privacy from views by neighboring apartment building?soften the look of the wall? Be a garden setting that tolerates the conditions? Serve as a garden area for particular functions?

Beyond that, when seeking planting advice on this site, it also helps to know what level of maintenance you care to provide, how big you want things to get, whether you prefer evergreen versus deciduous, etc.

o
RE: second picture

Oops, guess I thought the pic said it all. This is actually just an added pic to the main post. The original, with first pic, went into more detail as to deciduous, zone, light. ( please see the main post, " I'm so ashamed") The neighbors house with balcony is uphill from my house. I'm unsure what tree will thrive in very little full sun. As you can see, it is not dark shade. Can probably imagine the needed height: approx. 20 feet or so.

o
RE: Better picture

There must be understory trees in your area that would mind the lighter shade. Ie trees that often will be smaller and grow under larger trees. Not sure what grows in your area but that is what I'd look for. Maybe go to a local nursery and ask what they would recommend.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here