Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
flower bed design

Posted by amyds (My Page) on
Fri, May 5, 06 at 13:23

Hi,
More than 10 years ago, I had a catalogue that sold flower bulbs. What was so good about this catalogue was that it sold the bulbs by pre-designed beds. So, for example, they had like 50 flower beds already laid out in diagrams. And all you had to do was order the set and follow the diagram for planting, and it was beautiful. You could chose a flower bed by color, or by how many seasons you wanted it to bloom, etc. Of course now that I have a house I have no idea what this catlogue was called. Does this ring a bell for anyone? Or does anyone know of anything similar?
Thanks
Amy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: flower bed design

• Posted by bboy z8 WA USA (My Page) on
    Fri, May 5, 06 at 14:59

Other catalogs have planting plans as well. Maybe just order some bulb (if that is still what you want to plant) catalogs and see what they have. Looking at a range of them is a good idea anyway, as price and selection varies.

Where I live there is actually a specific hort. library with a nursery catalog file where I could go look through various bulb catalogs, without having to send for them. Maybe a college or other facility near you also has a nursery catalog file.

I bet you might be able to find at least a few sample bulb planting schemes online as well.

o

• Posted by catkim San Diego 10/24 (My Page) on
    Fri, May 5, 06 at 15:44

Burpee catalogues have such ready-made designs.

Here is a link that might be useful: example

o

I was having some serious problem with my landscaping designs. They just never looked right... then I found this book and it HELPED SO MUCH!! I thought I'd share!! Click Here!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here