Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Desperately looking for help - pix

Posted by mj05 Central NJ (zone 6) (My Page) on
Sat, May 15, 10 at 14:44

I need help to design small corner of my garden. It used to be "veggie garden" however this area is wet (I am planning to rise ground level) and shady. What I have to do is to create privacy from my neighbors (can I say junkyard?) .maybe non-invasive bamboo? Beside this, all options are open!
Approximate size is 18 X 45 but I would "sacrifice" my lawn if necessary.

Here is a link that might be useful: Linky

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Desperately looking for help - pix

I saw this curtain material once in a shop window that 'spoke to me' as they say, I had them made up for a room in the house and for years tried to get the rest of the room to live up to those curtains. The only way I solved the problem was by moving out. So, less cryptically, design the whole garden that includes your "small corner" otherwise you will be looking at that corner years from now thinking "what was I thinking?"

o

• Posted by mj05 Central NJ (zone 6) (My Page) on
    Tue, May 18, 10 at 15:23

Good point inkognito! However my budget and time to do the work is quite limited: I won't be able to complete entire backyard redesign in one step.I can however "sacrifice" part of the lawn....

o

"I won't be able to complete entire backyard redesign in one step"

Sure you can ... because design is not installation. But getting the whole redesign plan finished so you can work on it in phases is the easiest way, and best on the budget.

Sit down and figure out what you want to do with the entire yard now, and what the sequence of installation needs to be.

EXAMPLES:
If you want trees anywhere, plant them now so they have more time to grow.

If you are redoing a fence, doing it before you spend money to plant in that area makes sense.

If you are moving dirt, demolishing things, taking out trees, etc., get it out of the way early so you don't have the extra hassle of protecting new plantings.

Here is a link that might be useful: DIY Landscape Design

o

• Posted by mj05 Central NJ (zone 6) (My Page) on
    Fri, May 21, 10 at 8:45

You nailed lazygarden!! But again .. Im handyman and I need somebody to help me with ideas design. Please help!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here