Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's happening, threads disappearing?

Posted by timbu (My Page) on
Thu, May 31, 12 at 15:24

I just noticed a thread has been wiped off - the one titled "Landscaping around sculpture" - anyone have ideas what's going on?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's happening, threads disappearing?

It does come up as a missing file. Could D-D have requested it be taken down for picture reasons?

o

That's certainly the least paranoid option to consider.

o

I had this problem two weeks ago also; a thread I commented on disappeared. This morning I commented on the sculpture thread - maybe I am on the no-fly list and screwing things up. Thats probably my most paranoid option-ha.

If it helps, the other thread eventually came back.

o

Hmmm - your screen name could sound like an alarm bell for some guardians of innocent minds!

o

It might be an alarm bell, but when I look at my dirty fingernails on the keyboard it sure is accurate!

o

someone complained that when I watermark my photos that I use my full web address.
This is not allowed, and I understand and support the policy.
So if you want to protect your photos you have to use a watermark without a web address - just your name is fine.

From May 30, 2012

o

So DD, are you saying the previous thread was removed because of your watermarks? I'm not sure I understood this right.

o

yes,
I received a " Friendly Reminder " message saying that : While we understand the need for watermarks on photographs, if you choose to use your website url as your watermark, we cannot allow those photos to be shared on our forums."

My watermark is my website address, so now when posting photos I must erase the .com that comes after dervissdesign.

o

That was a good call on iVillage's part. It's much more important to rap the knuckles of a talented, seasoned contributor than even pretend to moderate the spam. Well done.

o

Good, I thought I messed the thread up Deviant I was like jeez, I didn't mean to take it over. BTW like your old olive tree nappa valley picture.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here