Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help - how do I fill up this front entrance space?

Posted by sunshine315 none (My Page) on
Sat, May 25, 13 at 15:29

We just ripped up all of the rocks in this space and plan to lay mulch down. The house is surrounded by pine trees so pine needles are a pain and its quite windy. There was a tree here at one time but it died, i think the roots had no where to go. we had to remove the tree when we moved in. Any ideas on what would look good here? This faces the south and gets plenty of sunshine. What type of mulch? I would love to paint the door, shutters and front porch posts a different color too. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help - how do I fill up this front entrance space?

Please post your location AKA planting zone, so we can make suggestions. Also, it would be nice if you walked to the road and gave us a wide view.

o

A few suggestions (plants not specific as don't know where you are) ...

Think I would paint door, door frame & posts just white. Shutters, one of the greyed teals. Explore color on one of the paint mfg. websites where you can upload photo (a better one w/ less shadows) and see changes ... like @ Valspar.com.

o

Whatever you decide to do, put those rocks back in the mix, they are awesome!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here