Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
landscape design question--what would be a good plant here?

Posted by tassal 6b (My Page) on
Sun, May 19, 13 at 15:31

Hello:

I am stuck! I cannot figure out what to plant on my berm. I recently did a massive overhaul of our front yard. We have a berm in the front and we did two rows of lovely boxwoods at the top and base of the berm. The question is...what to plant in between the two rows of boxwoods...we would like something low and if possible, evergreen. The winter was so long in New Jersey this year and I just hated to see only mulch on the berm. Our home is older--it is a 1907 Neoclassical gem in white painted bricks. We are looking for something to look well with the formality of the house. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!! ps we are in zone 6b.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: landscape design question--what would be a good plant here?

I'd look at a groundcover. Cotoneaster dammeri would be hardy in your area, evergreen, flower nicely in spring and produce red berries in late fall. Low and spreading.

A very simple planting like that would suit the rather classical archietctural style of your home.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here