Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
humesboss

Help with Backyard Design Projects (pics)

Paula Miller
13 years ago

Hi -

I posted another message that I will delete as soon as I get pics loaded to this post. I wanted to start a new post, because we have changed the scope of our backyard project. Next week, I have 2 strong helpers coming to help me:

1) Do "something" with this hump in our backyard

2) Do "something" with the hose area in our backyard

3) Do "something" along our fence

If you remember from my original post, I am trying to get rid of the "rock" feel in our backyard. We have artifical turf in the middle of our [very small] yard and river rocks all around it. We did this because we couldn't keep up on our grass with our two large dogs, so it got us through. Now, we want to add more color & interest in our back. I'd like to start with the "hump" and the "hose area".

HUMP AREA: My idea for the hump is to figure out a way to build a mini retaining wall and put mulch & plants in there to build a colorful area. Though I have no idea how to build a wall or what to put in there.

HOSE AREA: I need something that I can walk on to turn on the hose easily. I was wondering if laying flagstone is easier in mulch or dirctly on the ground, or if there are other options.

I'd like to plant clemantis or honeysuckle along the fence.

I have absolutely no idea what I am doing, I've just been searching sites to get ideas, but don't know what is best to do. We want LOW-LOW-LOW mainenance, but need color badly.

Any advice you can provide is appreciated.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting