Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What looks good with Teddy Bear Magnolias?

Posted by aggierose (My Page) on
Wed, May 21, 14 at 16:43

Hello! I recently planted 2 teddy bear magnolias and I now need other bushes to go behind them. I would like them to be evergreen. I live in the Dallas, Tx area so they would have to be able to stand up the our heat and the area they would be in gets morning sun, afternoon shade. I would prefer to not have boxwoods or holly's. Any suggestions of what would pair nicely with the magnolias? I would love azaleas or gardenias, but we don't have the right soil for them here and they don't grow well. I don't have anything else in the bed right now so it's pretty much a clean slate. I would love some advice!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What looks good with Teddy Bear Magnolias?

You're asking for answers from people who are in the dark. How large of space, the arrangement and what's around it? A picture that shows everything always helps.

o

Yardvaark, I don't know how to post pictures. I'm really wanting suggestions of shrubs that will compliment and look good with the magnolias. Evergreen, 2-3 feet tall, can handle Tx heat, morning sun only. Hopefully someone may have some good ideas. This is for my front flowerbed and nothing else is in the bed at the moment except the 2 teddy bear magnolias. I have one at each corner of the bed.

o

Learn how to post a picture. There's a button called "choose file" where you post.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here