Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeanerz13

Washed out area by house

jeanerz13
9 years ago

I have a water faucet on the north side of my house. When I have the hose hooked up and the water turned on, it kind of sprays everywhere from where the hose connects. I've had a plumber check it out before and he said there was nothing wrong with the faucet and I've tried new washers for the hose to no avail. I may try getting a replacement for that bit of hose that comes out of the hose reel to connect to the house.

Anyway, the result of all of this is kind of a sloppy area under the faucet whenever I need to use it. I think it's washed stuff away now that the ground level is lower next to the house than it is a few inches from the house (that's bad right?) Last year I put some rocks against the side of the house...I'm not exactly sure what the plan was though... maybe hoping it wouldn't be quite so muddy...anyway, I'm looking for a more permanent solution. I was thinking I would need to dig up those rocks, put some topsoil down and make it so that it slopes away from the house, and then put some kind of plants in there to help hold it in place. Maybe try to re-seed the area in front of whatever I plant with grass too.

Oh, and you can't see it in this picture, but there's a fence to the left that butts right up against the side of the house... it's kinda sucky just on the other side of the fence too. I can get some pictures that include the fence, but I figured whatever I do would kind of be carried on to the other side.

Any advice?

Comments (6)