Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nbacres

Gazebo Made From Wire Corn Crib

nbacres
15 years ago

I am wanting to convert an old wire corn crib into a gazebo for our garden area. Does anyone have any ideas and or pictures of a project such as this? Great ideas are abounding on this web site.

Comments (18)

• bullthistle
    15 years ago

Sounds like a great idea and you'd have plenty of vines growing everywhere. I am impressed when people think outside of the box.

Here is a link that might be useful: Propagating Perennials

• duluthinbloomz4
    15 years ago

See the "Venetian Blinds" post a few down from this one. Picture of corn cribs that were salvaged and reinstalled on a brick paver base.

And with Google being such a handy tool - Googling 'corn crib gazebos' results in quite a few hits.

• DLM2000-GW
    15 years ago

Look in the current issue of Cottage Living - there's a picture of one. I can scan if needed.

• nbacres
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. I went on google & yahoo --nothing turned up on the wire corn cribs. There was a lot on the wooden cribs but that won't help much.

dlm2000, I pulled Cottage Living up on the computer. I couldn't find anything--maybe that's why they try and get you to buy the subscription. I'd love it if you could scan and attached to the site here.

I'll keep you all posted if I find anything else.

Thanks again for the attention to this "project".

• karinl
    15 years ago

Maybe on the newsstand.

KarinL

• DLM2000-GW
    15 years ago

I'm so sorry - I completely forgot about this! I need a map to remember where I've posted and where I need to check back! Here is the scan of the corn crib - hope it gives you some ideas. I thought it was pretty cool. The entire article has some great garden ideas - might be worth checking at your library and seeing if you want to copy it.

{{gwi:32033}}

• DLM2000-GW
    15 years ago

bump - hopefully nbacres will see this

• timbu
    15 years ago

Looks cool - would look even cooler with a modern table.

• nbacres
    Original Author
    15 years ago

dlm2000: WOW, you get the "green thumb" of the week! Thanks for posting the picture. We've located a wire crib like the one in the pic but still has the roof on it. In our plans is the crib being set over a tree (dead and pruned to about 10' tall) and putting the electrical outlets and lights on/in the tree.

Believe it or not, my sweetie-pie husband is going to pour a concrete footing ledge for the crib to set on. Of course this is done AFTER crops are in, hogs are shipped, etc, etc, etc.

Thanks again for the update.

PS: I just love this site!

• calicocat1967
    14 years ago

Alright NB Acres...I want to see your corn crib !!! I have been wanting to do this as well. But, need to find just the right place for it.

Kim

• nbacres
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey Kim - grandson from Colorado will be here tomorrow for five weeks.

In addition to helping ship hogs, powerwashing, working calves (YES, he's saving for a car to drive so he'll do anything for $$) I've started a "paying cash" list that includes vac'ing the pond, clipping trees & grass at our park, hauling mom's old satelite dish home, AND getting the corn crib set up!!!!

I'll give you a heads-up when (after waiting for two years) the crib day is. How much participation would you like to donate?? heehee....

• mariaknowlton_gmail_com
    12 years ago

Does anyone have any ideas on where to get a wire corn crib? I saw a corn crib gazebo on bOrganic on PBS and would love to do that someday!

• Dawnschmidt58_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

If anyone can assist with some pictures of a corn crib turned into a gazebo I would appreciate any help. Have a crib that is 13 ft x15 ft high. Earlier this year did see a show on TV but do not recal show and did not have the corn crib at that time.p

• brianblom
    12 years ago

I put together a kind of photo pictorial of a Corn Crib Gazebo that I put together...It may or may not be helpful...

Here is a link that might be useful: My photos on Flickr

• G Scott Price
    7 years ago

I have 2 wire corn cribs vintage for sale if anyone is interested please contact me.

• l pinkmountain
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

This might not be the best place to post a "for sale" ad, (in fact I think it is against the rules!), but it is cool that you brought up that old post about the corn crib gazebo. I had not seen it before. What an awesome photo montage and creative and ambitious project. Bravo to Brian!

• l pinkmountain
    6 years ago

A birdcage for humans! So cute!