Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
white spots on vinyl siding

Posted by dinosaur1 5 (My Page) on
Sat, May 21, 11 at 17:32

Can anyone assist me with what might be causing these white spots all over my vinyl siding?

https://picasaweb.google.com/pewaukeedp/VinylSiding?authkey=Gv1sRgCKKuvOzXwNC0AQ

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: white spots on vinyl siding

An alien invasion or a question for another forum would be my guess.

o

I know nothing about vinyl siding, not even how it is attached, but the placement makes me think of underlying nails or screws. Or the holes they make allowing air/moisture to move through the walls. Definitely a question for one of the house forums, not landscaping!

Click on "Other forums" from the one I linked below, and you will see a list of other house forums to choose from.

KarinL

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Repair forum

o

I don't know anything about vinyl siding either. Barring karinl's idea:

Is there something above those areas with that same spacing that might be dripping on the vinyl? Unless you have an overhanging second story, I'd think probably something related to the eaves. What you're looking for is likely either white or metal (galvanized nails?), or else it would simply be locations/structures that make stronger drips: the force of the water would either be cleaning or abrading the vinyl.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here