Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sitting water???

Posted by swandering none (My Page) on
Wed, May 30, 12 at 19:32

Hi all - Thanks for any help... I have an irrigation issue. I live in CO and have clay, not dirt. The middle/side part of my yard was continuously getting way too much water. I have dug up the offending area and checked the sprinkler head for leaks. No leaks. The last 2 pictures are taken 2 days after watering (10 minutes). The water simply has no where to go. It looks like a bowl of water and the water level decreases only by the sun's evaporation. It is in the middle of my yard and I'm not sure what to do...one sprinkler guy suggested building a french drain, but I'm not sure that's the right answer (the water needs someplace to go). I can't figure out why the water won't eventually disperse? Thanks for any help...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sitting water???

But the drainage issue sound isn't so serious.a french drain or a grading should work.add some clay to make a 1/8" per foot grading.

o

swandering, advise you take this to the Irrigation Forum. They hopefully can advise you. NOTE: your pics didn't show.

o

swandering, advise you take this to the Irrigation Forum. They hopefully can advise you. NOTE: your pics didn't show.

o

Without the pictures and a true understanding of the problem, I'm not sure this is an irrigation issue. It might be a design problem.

If you don't know how to add pictures, here's how for Flickr (look for similar manner wherever your pictures are hosted):

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

o

Thanks all. I'll take this to the irrigation forum. Not sure why the photos didn't show but I'll try over there.

o

a panoramic shot is good).
first upload photo to any photo-hosting site.Photobucket and Flickr are examples . While at that photo on the site,
look for a link to "share." Then look for a way of obtaining "html code" (don't select the thumbnail version.)
Copy that code and paste it directly into your message here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here