Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gravity wall question: blocks with adhesive vs blocks with lip

Posted by tomatotomata 10 (My Page) on
Wed, May 11, 11 at 19:47

I will be installing a 1-ft gravity wall. The guy at the stone yard said it is harder to install the blocks with no lip, because you have to use adhesive. He steered me to blocks with a lip. When I asked why adhesive made it more difficult, the only response I got was "they slip".

Granted, squeezing some adhesive is an extra step, but I dont see why that should be a problem. However, this is the first wall Ive attempted, and I dont want to take on too much. Can anyone advise me on this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gravity wall question: blocks with adhesive vs blocks with li

• Posted by laag z6CapeCod (My Page) on
    Wed, May 11, 11 at 20:27

I agree with the advice that he gave you.

o
RE: Gravity wall question: blocks with adhesive vs blocks with li

Ok, thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here