Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Small yard under a huge tree

Posted by dachshunds3 PA (My Page) on
Thu, May 16, 13 at 20:33

Son and DIL just moved into an older home with a very small yard under a huge sweet gum tree. The tree has to stay (until they can afford to cut it down), but in the meantime, does anyone have suggestions for improving the front yard? Mulch? Different plants under the window? The less grass, the better as they have a hard time getting it to look good. Whatever you think. I'm open to all ideas. Thanks very much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Small yard under a huge tree

Here's another picture

o

Could you perhaps back up and show the entire house and surroundings?
It is very difficult to get a feel for the place when we only see a portion of it.

o

Some suggestions (for the limited view) ...

o

Here's a better view.

We are going to their house in a couple days to help, and I think we can manage to do everything you suggested.
Any ideas for the mailbox or other things that you can think of?

Thanks again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here