Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please Identify this bush....

Posted by kellyp123 5 (My Page) on
Sat, May 24, 14 at 22:20

I am hoping someone can tell me what kind of bush this is and how to bring it back to life. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please Identify this bush....

Looks like a Hydrangea. It is just slow, but it looks like it is coming back.

o

A more appropriate place to ask this question would be either the Name that Plant forum linked below or the shrubs forum.
http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/shrubs/

Your shrub is most likely a Hydrangea macrophylla (big-leafed hydrangea) that was killed back to the ground by this winter's cold. If you look at the base you can see new leaves just starting. Wait until the leaves have enlarged enough so that you know what part of the branches are dead, and then cut off the dead part. If it is a reblooming hydrangea, it may well bloom this summer.

Here is a link that might be useful: Name that Plant

o

Thank you both for the help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here